Remember the Dead Sea? It turns out there are a lot of interesting facts about it.
The dead sea salts are even sold over the internet. It can relieve symptoms of eczema and psoriasis. A lot of beauty products are also marketed around these salts because it is said to moisturize skin and reduce redness and irritation.
A lot of people would swear about these benefits and would use them for their cosmetic and medicinal benefits. If you’re one of them make sure that you only buy authentic ones because there are a lot of fake products in the market.Read More
How many hours have you spent on the treadmill? Or is it months or years already? If you have spent so many tiresome hours working out and with no positive results, the frustration will surely creep in. But you may just want to look at the brighter side instead of becoming frustrated. The good thing is that you have already made yourself physically active and that is a good start. When you work your muscles out regularly, you are actually strengthening them. Having strong muscles means you have a healthy physique and more rigorous trainings are close to reality.
Keep in mind that you have to work all your muscle group in order to become lean and fit. You should start by working out your large muscle groups going to the smaller groups. Thus, the treadmill should not be the only equipment you should befriend. These diet supplements are also good additions to your healthy living (which includes proper diet). These supplements provide you some added nutrients you may be lacking, thus making you even stronger and healthier.Read More
What are not included in MEDICard coverage? That question pops up whenever I have my check-up and the doctor asks me to take a certain laboratory test. Usually, my doctor could not answer if it’s included in our health plan or not so we have to call MEDICard first to find out. Most of the time though the nurses/lab personnel are kind enough to call in in behalf of us. I checked online and found out you can also see what are covered or not in the MEDICard website. Here is the list of procedures, services, and diseases not covered by MEDICard:
1. Hospitalization and Medical /Surgical Services a member receives attended to by a non-MEDICard accredited physician, from a non-MEDICard accredited hospital or other provider of care, except as described in the emergency care in non-MEDICard accredited hospitals.
2. Hospital bills for the following hospital service shall be charged to the account of the MEDICard patient member : Services of a private nurse or doctor , use of extra food, bed, T.V., electric fan, betamax, ID bracelet, thermometer, and all other items not directly related to the medical management of the patient.
3. Hospitalization and treatment outside the Philippines.
4. Plastic and reconstructive surgery for cosmetic purposes and for congenital deformities and abnormalities. Cosmetics services (e.g. cautery of facial warts, breast augmentation, injection of steroids for keloids etc)
5. Diagnostic procedure to determine sources of allergy (e.g. Patch Test)
6. Physical examinations required for obtaining or continuing employment or gov’t licensing.
7. Experimental medical procedures and acupuncture.
8. Service to diagnose and/or reverse infertility or fertility.
9. Purchase or lease of durable medical equipment, oxygen dispensing equipment and oxygen except during hospital confinement under the hospital confinement benefit.
10. Corrective appliances and artifical aids and prosthetic devices.
11. Human blood products like platelets, packed RBC, plasma etc.
12. Psychiatric care, rehabilitation treatment, physio-therapy and speech therapy.
13. Treatment for alcoholism and drug addiction or abuse.
14. Open heart surgery and organ transplant.
15. Treatment of self-inflicted injuries attributable to the member’s own misconduct, gross negligence, use of alcohol and/or drugs, vicious or immoral habits, participation in acts of crime, violation of a law or ordinance, and unnecessary exposure to imminent danger hazard to health.
16. Maternity care and other conditions as a result of pregnancy unless specifically provided.
17. Custodial, domiciliary care, convalescent and intermediate care.
B. OTHER ILLNESS AND/OR DISEASES
1. Congenital defects and hearing impairment.
2. Slipped disc, spinal stenosis, scoliosis, and spondylosis
3. All physical deformities prior to enrolment.
4. Guillain-Barre syndrome, multiple sclerosis, and other auto immune neurological disease.
6. Psoriasis, vitiligo
7. Previous craniotomy sequelae
8. Sexually transmitted disease, including gonorrhea, syphilis, herpes
10. Injuries or illnesses resulting from participation in warlike or combat operations, riots, and civil disturbance
11. Hazardous job-related illnesses
12. Medico-legal Fees
Source: www.medicardphils.comRead More
People have been asking what is the best weight loss pill? I believe there is no best pill. Dieting will only be effective if you combine eating healthy food and exercising. Others resort to diet pills to help them lose weight and I think that’s fine too as long as you combine it with the above two. If you just rely on the pills then it would be hazardous to your health. You don’t know what’s inside the these pills. Better yet, consult your doctor first before trying out anything.Read More
In just a few weeks it would be Christmas. Are you ready for the holidays? There are a lot of things to prepare for the holidays like the gifts we have to give and of course the food we have to eat. People overeat during this season of the year so they look for the best diet pills because at the same time they have to look good at pictures too! Although it’s time to be merry don’t over indulge in too much food. Remember, what you take in have to be processed by your body and that too much food would be bad for your health.Read More
People are always looking for ways to reduce belly fat. Excess belly fat can increase your risk of cardiovascular disease, cancer and diabetes that is why it is important to get rid of it right away. Unfortunately, it’s not so easy to do it. Since people are too busy to work out nowadays, they rely on diet pills to help them loose the excess pounds. However, we all know that to be successful in keeping your weight under control you must take extra measures like eating healthy and exercising.
Still, there are others who resort to more drastic measures in order to reduce belly fat. These people undergo surgery like gastric bypass and liposuction. These procedures are invasive and costly that’s why in order not to go this far you have to take care of your body as early as now.Read More