One type of weight loss pill that you are sure to encounter is the appetite suppressants. As its name obviously denotes, appetite suppressants are supplements or drugs that suppress an individual’s craving for food.
There are two ways by which appetite suppressants act. The first is by creating a sensation of fullness in the gastrointestinal tract. This is true for guar gum and fiber-rich foods. As the fibers swell and stay longer within the digestive system, signals are sent to the brain to inhibit hunger pangs.
The second way by which appetite suppressants work is by acting specifically on the neurotransmitters that regulate hunger. Sympathomimetic agents like phentermine have this mechanism of action.
It is a known fact that appetite suppressants can cause a number of side effects, which is why individuals need to be thoroughly assessed first by a physician before they could be prescribed. Appetite suppressants are particularly indicated in men and women in whom answering the slightest hunger pangs with eating immediately has become an uncontrollable habit.
If you are prescribed appetite suppressants, never take more than the prescribed dose. Immediately stop taking the drug is any side effects develop.
Distributors of phentermine often advise certain measures when the drug stops producing the expected appetite suppressant effect. Never follow these measures – like taking amino acid supplements or special diets – without consulting with your doctor first. Phentermine can be highly addictive.Read More
More and more people are taking advantage of the convenience being offered by online vitamin stores.
Actually, the term “vitamin store” is a misnomer. Most so-called “vitamin stores” are drugstores that not only sell multivitamins and other supplements, but medicines as well. Wellness stores are also termed as “vitamin stores”.
Unlike regular drugstores that only have limited stocks, online vitamin stores offer a much wider selection of vitamins, branded and generic medicines from pharmaceutical companies and supplement distributors. It is because of the larger stock quantities that an individual can more easily find any medication that is prescribed to him or her by their doctor.
How can you order vitamins and medicines through online vitamin stores? For over-the counter supplements and drugs, you just simply browse through their catalog for the product/s you need. In the case of prescription medication, you would need to send your prescription to them as a scanned file attachment or through fax so that the store can process your order. Payment is made through credit card or via PayPal.
For your safety, it is necessary to check out directories of legitimate online vitamin stores, because there are some “fly-by-night” sites that sell fake or expired drugs. Before buying from any online retailer, make sure that you check their credentials or, better yet, make inquiries from your local drug store associations that regulate these vitamin stores.Read More
Anyone who wants to lose weight and fast may be lured by the “quick weight loss” promises of diet pills. Sadly, many men and women abuse these drugs and supplements, taking massive doses when the regular intake schedule did not produce the desired results. Others just try out these products on the recommendation of a friend without even consulting with a doctor first. Only when they develop side effects do they come to realize that diet pills may actually be harmful to their health.
Here are some helpful tips on how to use diet pills safely…
1) Before taking any diet pill, always consult with your doctor. Remember that there are many types of diet pills. You may require only a fat burner, while obese individuals would need to take a fat burner and an appetite suppressant. Some persons would not need to take any diet pill at all.
2) Tell your doctor if you have a medical condition like heart disease or diabetes for which you are taking medications. Some diet pills may cause serious drug interactions when taken with meds.
3) Strictly follow the intake instructions. Never take more than what is prescribed.
4) If any side effects develop, immediately discontinue use and tell your doctor.
5) Diet pills work best when partnered with a healthy, balanced diet and a daily exercise routine. Never use diet pills as a “short cut” to losing weight.
People who hear the words “Black Friday” often make the mistake of thinking that it is the Roman Catholic holiday that marks the death of Christ (which is “Good Friday”).
Black Friday, however, is the day after Thanksgiving when major department stores and retailers – including those online – offer special promotions and discounts to their loyal customers. Because Black Friday marks the beginning of the Christmas shopping season, electronic gadget and toy manufacturers take the opportunity to introduce the latest products to the public at reasonable, introductory prices.
Because Black Friday is one of the biggest and most stressful shopping events of the year, you must take the necessary preparations, so that you are able to brave the stampeding hordes.
Here are some tips to be able to survive Black Friday…
1) Check out the ads in your newspaper and online. Most department stores and retailers put out ads with lists of items that will be on sale. Already make a list of what you are going to buy.
2) Some of these ads have coupon codes or gift cards. Clip or print out these coupons and cards to be avail of more discounts.
3) Make sure that you have adequate funds in your credit card before hitting the stores. This would prevent any hassles or embarrassments caused by cards that would not clear.
4) Go to the store early. There are far lesser crowds on opening hours, which will enable you to browse. Also, some stores give “Early Bird” discounts, which would mean more savings for you.
5) Bring a relative or friend along. You can take turns guarding your purchases while scouring for more deals.
6) If you really can’t stand the crowds, do your shopping online. Many online retailers offer better deals than malls and shops. Plus, there’s the added perk of free shipping straight to your door if your purchases exceed a certain amount.Read More
Because we live in very hectic times with tight schedules, food delivery has become the convenient means by which an individual and his or her family can still enjoy a good meal without having to prepare these dishes themselves in their kitchen.
Here are some tips on how to get the most out of food delivery…
1) The next time you visit your favorite fast food store, restaurant or diner, inquire if they have a food delivery service and get their phone number.
2) If the establishment offers food deliver, request for a delivery menu. Having the menu on hand will make it easier for you to choose the dishes you would like to eat.
3) Take note that the prices for food delivery would be higher (usually by around 10%) in comparison to if you buy the item directly in the restaurant. This added charge is the delivery fee.
4) When making your first call, clearly state your name, address and give directions if necessary to make sure that your food is delivered on time. The usual delivery time is between 30-45 minutes, but this time would also depend upon the type of dish that you ordered, preparation and processing, and the quantity.
5) Emphasize to the restaurant and diner to include all the necessary condiments. These items are sometimes forgotten during delivery.
6) If you will be paying with a large money bill, inform the restaurant to have the delivery boy bring change.
7) When your delivery arrives, make sure that every item you ordered is there. This is especially important for pizza deliveries wherein certain toppings like anchovies or mushrooms are specifically requested to be excluded.Read More